Exciting news for the bookish fashionistas out there: Fashion designer Kate Sylvester has created a collection based on the literary world of Donna Tartt! Kate Sylvester calls it "a nonchalant, slouchy celebration of casual luxury and sartorial classics."
Police officers in Ferguson, Missouri, have begun wearing body cameras after weeks of unrest over the shooting death of an unarmed black teen by a white officer and sharply differing accounts of the incident, officials said on Sunday.
Michael Brown, 18, was shot multiple times by Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson on Aug. 9, sparking nearly three weeks of angry protests in the St. Louis suburb and drawing global attention to race relations in the United States.
Law enforcement and witnesses gave differing accounts of what transpired before Brown was shot, with police saying the teen had struggled with the officer. Witnesses say Brown held up his hands and was surrendering when he was shot multiple times in the head and chest.
The discrepancy has revived calls for officers across the county to be outfitted with body cameras to help capture an accurate record of police-involved incidents.
Caitlin Stasey being the hero we all deserve.
One of the biggest stories in comics and pop culture over the summer was from Marvel Comics showing their efforts in creating diverse characters. Much to a lot of fans dismay,they made Thor a woman and Captain America a black man. Sam Wilson aka The Falcon is now officially Captain America. While working today through my anger at the Ferguson, MO story which is still unfolding…I wondered what Sam would do if he were a real person. So, I did this image to deal with the madness.
As most of you probably know, someone somewhere dumped a deluge of purported nude photographs of a number of female celebrities online yesterday. The victims include the likes of Kate Upton, Victoria Justice, Ariana Grande, Kirsten Dunst, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Krysten Ritter, Yvonne Strahovski, and Teresa Palmer. But the focal point for this story has been Hunger Games/American Hustle actress Jennifer Lawrence, since the Oscar winning actress is perhaps the most famous actress on the planet right now. Without going into sordid details ( Justice and Grande have claimed their respective photos are fake, others have confirmed they are real), I’d like to make two very specific points. Ms. Lawrence and the other victims have absolutely nothing to apologize for in terms of the contents of the photos or the nature in which they were leaked. The story itself should not be addressed as if it were a scandal, but rather what it is: A sex crime involving theft of personal property and the exploitation of the female body.
Outlets as mainstream as People and CNN are referring to the photo leak as a “scandal.” All due respect, it’s not a scandal. The actresses and musicians involved did nothing immoral or legally wrong by choosing to take nude pictures of themselves and put them on their personal cell phones. You may argue, without any intended malice, that it may be unwise in this day-and-age to put nude pictures of yourself on a cell phone which can be act and/or stolen. But without discounting that statement, the issue is that these women have the absolute right and privilege to put whatever they want on their cell phones with the expectation that said contents will remain private or exclusive to whomever is permitted to see them just like their male peers. The burden of moral guilt is on the people who stole said property and on those who chose to consume said stolen property for titillation and/or sexual gratification.
I don’t want to know anyone who doesn’t cry at Lilo and Stitch every fucking time.
right? THEIR FAMILY IS LITTLE AND BROKEN BUT STILL GOOD WHAT KIND OF MONSTER ISN’T LOSING THEIR SHIT ABOUT IT?
I love you like cake
Like not once did she say “I want a prince to come and rescue me from my situation.”
She just wanted to look cute and turn the fuck up at the party.
jasmine, hibiscus, azalea
What color looks best on you? purple, i think. my mom would insist it’s blue, but i probably wear purple more than any other color except black, and it’s the kind of thing where when i’m shopping i won’t consciously look to pull purple things, but everything i like on me ends up being purple. cool tones, though, for sure.
Did you ever play an instrument? If so what? i didn’t, and i’ll probably always hold it against my mother that she never made me take any lessons. she just knew it would be a power struggle getting me to practice and didn’t have the energy for it, i think. plus, years of choirs made it clear that i’m utterly tone deaf and probably would have been terrible anyway. i’ve made a couple of attempts at both piano and guitar as an adult, but i think at this point it’s like learning a language, where i’ve missed the window of forming the neural nets i need for it to be not a herculean effort.
What’s a movie you cried while watching? lolll… alll? is all an answer? i really do legitimately cry at pretty much any movie that’s got an emotional arc. most recently i sobbed at gravity. however, this is an effect that has diminishing returns. a lot of movies that i love tend to get me every time, but my go-to “need a good cry” flick is probably lilo and stitch.
Mad Men Challenge
[2/8] Characters: Sally Draper
"I’m so many people."
cute ass flower questions
- Daisy: How old were you when you had your first kiss?
- Carnation: If I handed you a concert ticket right now, who would you want to be the performer?
- Jasmine: What color looks best on you?
- Foxglove: Name three facts about your family.
- Allium: What's the best thing you can cook?
- Orange Blossom: If you could pick the gender and appearance of your child, would you?
- Calla Lily: If you died right now, what song would you want to play at your funeral?
- Poinsettia: Favorite holiday dish?
- Oxlip: Would you ever get into a long distance relationship?
- Primrose: Favorite kind of soup?
- Daffodil: What's the most thoughtful present you've ever received?
- Rose: Are you currently in love with someone?
- Amsonia: Would you ever become a vegan?
- Peony: What's your favorite hot beverage?
- Tulip: For your birthday, what kind of cake do you ask for?
- Myrtle: Do you like going on airplanes?
- Hibiscus: Did you ever play an instrument? If so what?
- Zinnia: Who was your best friend when you were six years old?
- Poppy: What color was your childhood home?
- Hydrangea: Starbucks order?
- Violet: Do you like where you're from?
- Locust: What was your favorite book as a child?
- Rhododendron: What's the scariest dream you've ever had?
- Queen Anne's Lace: Would you rather carve pumpkins or wrap presents?
- Magnolia: Favorite kind of candy?
- Aster: Would you rather be cold or hot?
- Marigold: Do you listen to what's on the radio?
- Heliconia: Do you like when it rains?
- Azalea: What's a movie you cried while watching?
- Dandelion: Do you think you're important?